The Indigenous Youth Employment Program is designed to support students into viable career pathways. Students may participate in part-time work while they’re still at school, undertake a School-based Traineeship during Year 11 and 12, or commence a post-school Apprenticeship or Traineeship when they finish Year 12.
What CONNECT will do to support you:
- Provide work-readiness workshops and support to prepare you for work
- Identify part-time employment, Traineeship or Apprenticeship opportunities with a local employer
- Support you to balance work, TAFE, and keeping up with school assignments (for part- time employment or School-based Traineeships)
- Support you to adjust to full-time work if you commence a post-school Traineeship or Apprenticeship
- Provide ongoing mentoring to address any issues which may create obstacles for your successful engagement with employment and training