Work It Out
The Work It Out program is for young people in the Richmond-Tweed region, aged 15 to 19 who are not currently in employment, education or training. The program is designed to help young people address the barriers and challenges they are facing that may be preventing them from undertaking or engaging in employment, education and training opportunities.
Assistance under the Work It Out program is tailored to the individual needs of the young person, usually over a 12 to 26 week period, though the Work It Out staff will continue to work with each person until they secure an outcome.
The Work It Out program is funded by the Department of Industry under the NSW Regional VET Pathways program with funding until the end of 2020.
Work It Out services:
- employability skills and knowledge training such as communication, teamwork, career planning, job search, cold calling and interview skills
- assistance with resume preparation and application letter writing
- job search support including assisting with transport to interviews if needed
- financial support for work related expenses such as a drivers licence, work clothes or safety equipment
- access and support to participate in formal training
- one on one mentoring and coaching as required
- referral to other support agencies to deal with individual challenges
- preparation of a transition plan to assist young people to achieve their work, education or training goals
For more details on the program please download our Work It Out brochure which provides examples of the sort of assistance that can be accessed through the program.
If you are based in the Richmond-Tweed region of NSW and would like to talk to someone about your eligibility please visit our dedicated website or use the Work It Out contact page to either phone or email to discuss your needs. You can also download our referral form, complete it and email it to one of our team members listed on the form. Young people who are currently receiving assistance from the federal government under the Transition To Work program are ineligible for the Work It Out program. If you are not based in the Richmond-Tweed region, please refer to the other program providers in NSW to see if your region has a program operating.