Work placement is a planned opportunity in a quality host workplace that enables senior school students studying particular industry-based courses to practise and develop their industry competencies and their employability skills in a vibrant real work context.
Quick Facts about Work Placement:
- usually undertaken in Years 11 and 12
- organised through the school, TAFE, private or community registered training organisation (RTO) using the Work Placement Service Provider (WPSP).
- practise and develop on-the-job industry skills that you learnt off-the-job at school or TAFE
- learn specific skills or competencies on-the-job
- helps you find out more about employment and training opportunities in the industry
- contributes to your HSC and a nationally accredited qualification recognised by industry
- builds your capacity to meet industry standards
- helps you decide if this industry is the right one for you.
Go2Workplacement - Are you work ready?
Go2workplacement is an online program which assists students enrolled in HSC VET courses to get the most out of their work placement by identifying the skills and competencies they want to focus on during their time in the workplace.
Students must complete a mandatory module comprising Work Health and Safety, Personal Attributes, and Employment Related Skills and the Industry Competency to qualify for a Work Placement Ready Certificate. The Certificate informs a host employer that they have prepared for work placement and outlines the areas they want to explore during their placement.
Go2wp - Existing Users
Go2wp - New Users